Available to Buy for £ 14.99
We are pleased to announce that as of the 7th of July 2017 The AMCOG Development Kit V1.03 is now available for download from the
and is priced at £ 14.99.
The AMCOG Development Kit was originally released at the Wakefield show on the 22nd April 2017.
See the news section for more information.
The AMCOG Development kit makes game writing on RISC OS much simpler.
It also comes with 3 games :
The kit includes:
The free graphics, music tracks and sound samples are included a well as three games developed using the kit:
- A core library to enable sprite plotting, error handling, screen transitions, MP3 playback and much more.
- A tile library to provide a general game engine for games based on tiles. For further information on tile based game engines see : Wikipedia Tile Game Engine Feature Page
- A sound library and virtual sound chip RDSP for simplifying music playing and sound effect generation in games.
- Game sprites
- Music tracks
- Sound samples
- Mutant Penguin is available separately for free in a 'crunched form'. However, the AMCOG Development Kit includes the source code as a working example of the core, tile and sound libraries.
- Cyborg is available separately as a paid for title and is more complex example in that includes multiple screens per level and more game logic. The core code for this game was written in less than 2 days as a way of proving the kit library functions.
- Sparky is only available with the Development Kit at present and is presented both as a playable game and 5 phase development case study.
The AMCOG Development Kit is compatible with RISC OS 4 on Virtual Acorn and RISC OS 5 on Raspberry Pi 0,1,2 & 3 Beagleboard and Pandaboard based systems, Titanium, ARM X6 and RPCEmu.
Contact Us Here